Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Visiting Vegas

At about 300 meters in the air with a panoramic view of the Sin city I felt on top of the world. The Bellagio fountains were swiveling to the music. We were viewing the naked power of artificial lights. It looked day at about 8:00 PM in night. I took some pictures that I will never be able to take from the ground. The Las Vegas Blvd or the strip city got busier as night advanced. But the night never darkens and the neon lights are up entire night , add to it the mobile Billboards on the truck. Traffic was crawling, The Deuce Bus was being overtaken by teh enthusiastic walkers on the street.I was wondering that the power generated from the neighbouring Hoover dam is exhausted in a shameless manner. When I saw the depleting water line of Hoover dam the next day I was not surprised. But who bothers about Power consumption on a Friday night in Vegas.
Each resort hotel on the strip is a city in itself and has its own architecture which is very unique and the hotel thus offers its distinct experience. The indoor forest at Mirage had aroma that we did not want to leave, infused with energy, Excaliber had its own Palatial style and granedur. Paris and Newyork Newyork were remeniscent of the respective cities. Stratosphere offered its own adventure of thrill rides that we could not enjoy as our daughter did not meet the height requirement. We were not complaining as the idea of hanging up in the air did not seem very exciting. Circus Circus was a heaven for kids and the kid games were making gamblers out of young kids. I read somewhere that On an average an adult loses $ 481 in gambling during one visit to Vegas, My guess is that child loses close to $50 in the child games. The circus acts were class. Shark Reef in Mandalay Bay offers an opportunity to get real close to marine life with its audio wands. We purchased a souvenir photograph from the place. The hotel has its mini beach. There was plenty of stuff that makes Vegas a playground for adults from bare pools to bare billboards to the adult shows , the strip has rampant nudity. We had so much to absorb in three days that we realized this is not going to be an easy holiday as we had earlier planned. Our unintended detour to Prescott while on the way to Vegas from Phoenix and our venture on the low fuel had left us tired. When people said that Hotels can have wild animals we did not believe until we almost encountered lions in the glass house in MGM and admired the white lion in Mirage..There is much more left to explore, Fremont street to the different shows, Titanic exhibitions.
From the 28Th floor of our hotel we were mesmerized by the awesome beauty of the well lit Building. I now believe that nights are not always meant to sleep.

No comments: